20.11.06

I can't get laid,... con't'd

from A. J.
hide details
9:02 pm (1½ hours ago)
to

Tim Melvin ,Ryan Schreiber

date
Nov 20, 2006 9:02 PM

subject
Re: I turn to you...

mailed-by
gmail.com

UPDATE!

Actually, though, the exclamation mark is wholly unnecessary, as the news is not so good.

Selah.

As to the progress (lack thereof) I have to report that I delivered a greeting to her as my shift started on Friday -- around eight pm -- saying, merely, "ey!" She responded with an "hello", but realizing the speaker (or so I have to think) she turned away. Didn't say anything to me the rest of the nite, & as she left for home (or the club) & I sat across from her path out of the breakroom -- I was on my break, but without malice aforethought, i.e. I had no expectation she'd be coming 'round (in fact, I was fifteen mins. into my break at her entry, with two other of the security staff), she quite purposefully (again, I have to think) looked anywhere but in the direction of my person.

So, bad luck. My radar -- well, the 3% of it that tilted to "does she have an interest in me? maybe" -- proved incorrect. Again. (Fortunately, I made no unmistakable effort to pursue her. So, embarassment at shooting out of my league averted, at least.)

... But, wait, there's more.

I'm at work yesterday, again readying for my late-eve break -- I was closing-shift usher, so not taking it 'til after all theatres, lavatories, & lounge-spaces were cleared of debris -- & ordering my pizza, when the assistent manager (Jessica, age 23, undergrad at UW-Milwaukee) for concessions asked me, "You can remember the number '313', no?"

It puzzled me at first. I figured, somehow, it was related to her counts, the candy-cart or drink-cups, prolly, & she wanted me to keep the number in mind since she didn't have afore her pen & paper with which to record their number.

Then again, I've never been asked to keep a count in my head -- & I've worked there two years.

Further, 313 is the employee i.d. for the female security staff that was giving me a weird vibe -- weird because it's south of normal for a female to show interest, any interest, even just social, in me -- so, yeah....

This whole scenario might have gotten quite a bit more sinister.

(I feel like I might be in an M. Night Shyamalan film!)

I mean, does the management of the theatre, et. al., have a betting line on me, when they can get me to crack & act as if faux female entreaties are true, thus embarassing myself?

But, yes, I would loller at this, as an impartial observer. As I am the object of this joke, though, I have to say, I would like to know if that is what it is... & I would like to have it over with, the punch-line gotten to, quite soon.

Quote Kool Keith, "I ain't the Elephant Man; what gives?"

-- ajs

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stuart , you are an odd and entertaining man. How odd I should happen upon your bloggings.


Herzliche Grüße

Robert Trawitzki Esq

25/11/06 19:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home